Upon receiving an invitation letter, the student will contact the Ukraine embassy in his / her country in order to
apply for the student visa.
Note: Most Ukrainian embassies usually accept student visa applications and issue student visas throughout the year. In some countries the embassy starts accepting visa applications and issues visas between 15th July and 15th November. Extensions in these cases are made for the preparatory course until November or December.
The following documents should be submitted to the Ukrainian embassy as part of the visa application process:
• A filled visa application form
• International passport valid for one year or more
• Original invitation letter from the college
• Birth certificate – Translated into Ukrainian
Note: The translation is done at the Ukrainian embassy at a small cost.
• Original School Certificates – Translated into Ukrainian.
• Medical Certificate-Issued within one month of visa application and is translated into Ukrainian. This must
be an approved document by the health ministry in your country.
• HIV-AIDS negative certificate- Issued within one month of visa application and translated into Ukrainian.
This must also be an approved document by the health ministry in your country.
• One year health insurance-For some countries the insurance required is only for the travelling period.
• A bank statement from the sponsor to prove their financial ability to bear the student’s expenses in Ukraine.
If the sponsor is not the student or their parent, a sponsorship letter is going to be required.
• 12 passport size pictures (3 * 4 cm)
• An open return air ticket valid for one year
NB: Ensure you have all the required documents before leaving your country. Entry into Ukraine will be denied if you’re missing an important document.